Hi, I’m Kate. I live by the beach in Sussex with my husband Dan, and our three energetic boys, who are all under under the age of ten. Never a dull moment with us!
I started this blog when my father was very ill and I was at home with two toddlers and a baby. I found writing therapeutic and have loved it ever since. The loss of both of my parents and a son with additional needs has been a challenge for me personally and I have found mindfulness to be invaluable for my sanity.
As other parents of small children will know our life is a bit chaotic, a bit disorganised and a bit messy – but definitely a huge amount of fun.
I love learning new things, taking on new challenges, exploring new places and I particularly enjoy writing about travel, grief, neurodiversity and family.
Work work work
As well as writing this blog, I am a freelance social media manager and a writer.
I’m rarely review products as I write because I love it. I will review things that I have a genuine interest in and that will appeal to my readers. Please get in touch to find out more.
Five fun facts about me:
- I was under 13 national champion at the 100 metres and once held the UK record for speed.
- I used to be an interiors stylist and created room sets for magazines including Next Home Directory.
- I have vertigo and am terrified of heights but that didn’t stop me jumping out of a plane and skydiving in New Zealand in 2009.
- I hate the smells of tinned tuna and boiled eggs – waft either of those in my direction is a surefire way to make me sick.
- My absolute favourite thing to do is sea swimming – you can find me in the sea Summer and Winter.
Thank you for being here – I look forward to getting to know you!